Collaborative workspaces have recently been on the rise. Office layouts are moving away from one large, underutilized formal conference room in favor of incorporating dynamic spaces that allow employees to huddle up but then disperse when they need the focus. Here are 10 reasons why collaborative workspace improve the success of your employees, and ultimately, your business:
- Encourage new ideas. This is the core benefit of collaborative workspaces. What better way to share, foster, and grow new ideas than to have the team together?
- Increase communication. An obvious benefit to collaborative workspace is open communication. When your team shares a physical space, the barriers to communication are removed.
- Foster healthy competition. As communication increases, so does competition. Ideas can be easily shared and refined with input from everyone. Harness that momentum for your business.
- Enhance relationships. Collaborative spaces not only bring employees together for work tasks, but also as people. As employees spend more face time with each other, then the relationship can deepen and grow. People who like and trust each other typically produce better results than those who do not.
- Are cost effective. We will review the workflow and responsibilities of each type of employee in order to make the best recommendation for their workspace. Oftentimes, we find that departments work better with an open workspace that allows both collaboration and privacy for focus. By combining their workspace, the cost for storage and desktop space is reduced.
- Exhibit company culture. If company culture isn’t on the top list of your priorities as a business owner, consider putting it there. More and more people are looking for positive workplace culture, especially as new generations enter the workforce. Collaborative spaces are an easy way to show off the unique way in which your company gets things done–efficiently and with open communication.
- Attract new talent. Employee retention can be a challenge with limited resources. While improving your company culture, utilize collaborative workspaces to show potential candidates that their ideas will be valued and that trust is important to your company.
- Offer dynamic workspace capabilities. We can provide a workspace that has multiple functionalities. Perhaps you only need a meeting space for your staff for collaborating once a month? At other times, the space can be utilized as a lobby, a client meeting space, or a display.
- Promote cross-training. Prevent company silos by encouraging cross-training. Everyone benefits when employees understand and can execute various roles within your company.
- Motivate attendance. It’s hard to sneak out early or miss the meeting when everyone is at the table. Collaborative spaces provide accountability to all employees.
Let us help you create or improve a collaborative workspace that is perfect for boosting your business’s productivity.